Old 11-02-22, 12:30 PM
creativepart
Age before beauty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gwier3955
I have a similar problem I need a new battery for my older 36V Blix Vika Its a tall skinny battery with a 4 pin discharge connector. The dimensions are key to the fit in that it slides in to a small area, approximately 387.5 x 76.2 x 89. When standing on end the ignition key lock is located at the top side, charger port on the opposite top side, and the discharge 4 pin is on the bottom. Blix no longer carries this battery - already tried. Can someone point me in a good direction for sourcing a battery that will work?
Batteries are not really all that custom. You might try ebikes.ca (Grin Technologies) they sell all manner of ebike batteries and list several 36v models. Your existing battery should have a sticker on it with all the details of the battery's output and you can then search for a replacement battery with those specs.

Alternatively, you can buy a battery with the correct specs but without the correct cradle and buy a new cradle that works with the new battery. That part is easy... but be aware that the wiring that comes out of the cradle may need to be modified to work with the Blix wiring. It's not a major job, but one to be aware of. You could DIY this or have a local ebike shop do that for little cost.

There are places that rebuild ebike batteries and you may be able to send your battery off to be rebuilt and then you know everything will still work. Here's a link to one:
https://www.fthpower.com/pages/repair-reconditioning

They also sell replacement batteries.

Be aware that shipping an ebike battery can be difficult for an individual due to safety regs - but this isn't difficult at all for a company selling batteries. They are set up for that. So, if you went the repair route you'd have to deal with the shipping regs to send your battery out to be fixed. But if you purchase a new replacement battery it won't be an issue at all.

Also, some local ebike shops will rebuild batteries, too. So, ask around.
Likes For creativepart: