View Single Post
Old 11-18-20, 08:57 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
My Taylor tandem. An actual barn find, thrown on Ebay with local pickup only in northern NH. I remember sniping the auction and then getting the call from the seller during a loud holiday party to arrange pickup. So exciting!

I met the seller in a mall parking lot. I couldn't really believe it until I'd gotten it in the back of the Volvo.

Pictured more-or-less as-found, although I had replaced the rusty steel rims and cracked flat tires by the time I took this picture. 5-speed Cyclo, Maxicar, Lefol, first-gen MAFAC (written M.A.F.A.C.), Brampton, Stronglight, Simplex, GB, the whole package. I paid less for the whole bike than the rear hub is worth on its own.

Last edited by scarlson; 11-18-20 at 09:02 PM.
Likes For scarlson: