ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Everyone have a good weekend?

Cat made the usual 4:50 wakeup call. Fed him and was back in bed by. 5. Felt strangely wide awake for 10 min. Worried that I would not be able to get back to sleeping. Next thing I know I rolled over and looked at the clock. It was 7:30. I felt like I had been drugged.
Big brain moment for me this weekend: Our cats like to do racetrack plus acrobatics (triple gainer off the headboard onto the pillow next to my face) at about 5:50 a.m. My scheduled alarm is at 6 a.m.

I realized this weekend that they aren't quite as awful on days that I don't have an alarm set and will even let me sleep all the way until 6:30 sometimes. Then it dawned on me: the alarm app I use on my phone has this "gentle wake" feature that will play extremely soft relaxing noises at an almost imperceptible level before the alarm goes off and gradually get louder -- the idea is that it doesn't startle you awake. I've been using it for years and honestly can't really tell a difference. I theorized that the cats can hear it because they're cats and that's their signal to go full ******* mode.

So this morning I turned the alarm off (because I always wake up at 6 with or without an alarm) and sure enough, the cats weren't quite as bad. I guess I'll try turning that feature off for a while. Either they'll adapt and find new ways to be jerks or maybe they will stop jumping on my face at night.

(I have reasons for not shutting the door and keeping the animals out of the bedroom at night.)
Likes For ksryder: