Old 05-07-17, 04:43 PM
TheLastOfUs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trying to ride my old bike again - confusing rim + tire sizes

New poster here...

So I have my College Bike from back in the day...and I never really used it since college. Now I want to start using it again for leisure rides.

I'm having quite a time figuring this out. I managed to fill my rear tire with air using one of these mini bike pumps...despite the Schrader fitting constantly recessing as I pushed this bike pump into the valve...had to practically hold the Schrader valve and push the pump in to fill it with air (this is correct right?) Or should my valve not be flailing in and out of the rim hole?

In any case I tried filling the front tire's air tube..and it would not work no matter what. Long story short I think I may have ripped the schrader valve from the tube

I now need a new "tube".

Rim says this: Weinmann 700c x 28/35c

My Actual TIRE on the other hand says 700 x 38c....

The tube inside says 700 x 35/43c.

I know the first number means diameter of the tire and the 2nd set means width/fatness of tire (I might be wrong).

If my rim only supports up to 35c...why on earth is my tire 700x38c. Isn't that bad?

Anyways super confused what to do.....I can simply get a tube like the one I ripped out but yeah...very lost here guys. Please help