Old 11-18-21, 05:13 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by fat biker
Ghost..
We now know you will soon be well. How do we know this? Because Duct Tape can Fix Anything. Hang tuff.

fat biker
Thanks.

Docs said 12 months to recover at my age, 6 months if I was young. So, I set goal of 4 months. Saw the surgeon for my 2 month follow up the other day and he said "my progress was unbelievable, actually incredible". I still cannot sleep thru the night due to shoulder pain (they missed that my shoulder blade was also broken) but I am doing PT 3x per week, doing all my exercises, eating well, etc. And, I am back on the bike albeit very slow on short rides and it is painful. My pain management doctor told me that it is essential to accept the pain of the exercises, otherwise I won't get full function back and it will be a pain problem for the rest of my life. The range of motion of the messed up elbow has increased from 90 degrees of flex to 130 degrees. I am going to need the big lag bolt down my ulnar bone and the wire taken out. It drives me crazy. Moderate aerobic exercise every day and applying heat 3-4 times per day with (painful) stretching has done wonders.

Absolutely crappy year but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and by Spring......hope to be having fun riding my bikes.
Likes For GhostRider62: