Old 08-27-21, 12:43 PM
headwind15
Bikeable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
I would seriously consider the credentials (or lack of credentials) of the people who post on this forum. As far as me: I raced on the velodrome and road all three years as a junior and then continued to race (both) for five more years, so I am not your average armchair poster. I used to start doing machine leg press squats mid September, because I dislike doing them when it is hot. I really had the best success with doing them on Mon, Wed, & Fri. I usually started with 250 lbs increasing the weight on Mondays (5%) per week, so my legs wouldn't hurt when I went to race on the velodrome on a lot of saturdays. I know that there are a bunch of posters on this forums that believe that cycling is entirely an aerobic sport. IT IS TOTAL B.S. You might have a look at the the new Velo News and about Aston Lambe's new 4000 meter world record where he used weight training to be able to hold 60 kph for four minutes. It did not happen because of his aerobic conditioning! I used to be friends with Shaun Wallace (former world pursuit champ) he did all sorts of weight lifting to be as good as he was.
Likes For headwind15: