Old 01-07-09, 09:27 AM
cod.peace

Bikes: Rans V-Rex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
RadLocs were introduced on the 2003 models if I remember correctly. The rail for the RadLoc is a single aluminum bar and the clamp encircles the frame.

I don't know if a RadLoc could be retrofitted but I know at the least that the old rail would have to be removed and the new rail attached. A quick call to Hayes, KS should answer the question.
This was the conversation I had the other day with someone at Rans. Yes, the Rad-Loc can be fitted by popping out the rivets from the square channel. The main difficultly is the possibility of losing the rivets inside the frame where they will rattle forever unless you manage to squirt a bit of glue or something on them.

The Rad-Loc rail uses the same holes in the frame as the rivets for the older square channel setup. Easier than that though is Rans' new V-Clamp, which does not need a frame rail (although it can be used if the Rad-Loc rail is in place). V-Clamp just goes on the bare tube and includes the quick-release feature, which I think is very handy.