View Single Post
Old 03-18-24, 02:17 PM
Pcampeau

Bikes: 1968 Raleigh Super Course, 1972 Raleigh Professional, 1975 Raleigh International, 1978 Raleigh Professional, 1985 Raleigh Prestige, 1972 Schwinn Paramount, 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8, 1960 Carlton Franco Suisse Peugeot PX10, 1972 Motobecane Le Champ

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Personally, I wouldn't take it to a drycleaner for renewal. IMO the chemical cleaner is harsh and could cause the leather and canvas to breakdown.

I'd first attempt a mild solution of Dawn dishwashing liquid (with a toothbrush and possibly a green Scotch Pad), and careful use of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I'd let it dry while stuffed with bubble wrap to help hold a better shape. Apply a leather conditioner such as Proofide to the leather bits, and if you plan to use in inclement weather, spray with Scotch guard. Replacement elastic cord can be purchased at Joann Fabrics.

Thanks for posting! Love the front medallion!
Thanks. Dawn dish soap is what I used in the in initial cleaning. I still have some scrubbing to do though it’s really come a long way already. I like the medallion too!