Old 09-04-19, 06:44 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
Well...I'm a real commuter again! From now until May, I've got a commute that's ~18 miles RT in a new city and state. My previous commute was so short that it wasn't really worth getting excited about, except in the depths of the Wisconsin winter.

Today was the first day of the new commute. Super easy - but man, it's going to take a few minutes to acclimate to this North Carolina heat.
Welcome to NC! You should find the winter and spring quite commuter friendly, especially if you're used to Wisconsin. We are past the worst of the hot days, but yes, still warm. Another week or two and we'll stop seeing 90F.

Good ride in this morning. Had to wait a bit for a garbage truck stopping at each house on one road. Other cars and I could not see around it to see a clearing. I jumped ahead of two cars and peaked around and went for it when it was clear, waving my hand at the car behind me to let him know it was good to go. Later on, I managed to time the crossing of one busier road well as a couple of pedestrians hit the cross walk signal and made all traffic yield.