Old 11-22-17, 12:06 AM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
I debated with myself about going with a cheap out front mount, and then casually reminded myself that the mount would be holding my $250 Garmin and $100 light. So I somewhat grudgingly spent the $60 on the K-Edge XL Combo. Loathe as I am to spend money, I have not for a single moment regretted the money spent on the K-Edge. It was worth the expense.
We're not always so rational. I'm choking at paying K-Edge the $60 for their mount to hold my Garmin and $100 light, and I just paid $75 for a custom titanium stem spacer that will have zero benefit over the stack of aluminum spacers that I already have other than that it will match the rest of the bike and look cool. I can't explain it. The funny thing is that if K-Edge made a titanium version of that mount and charge $125 for it I'd probably do it. Yeah, I know.

Your post is at least making me think about it. There's a pretty good chance that I'll still go with the cheaper mount if only because thanks to those other things I picked up for the new bike, my "dull roar" rate of bike spending is perilously close to that threshold where the Comptroller General of the family will decide to perform an impromptu audit.

I do want to get something, though, because I just readjusted the Garmin mount on my bike so that it was a little easier to read, and now my Nightrider light is hitting the very top left corner of my Garmin and creating an annoying bright spot in my near-field vision. I'd like to relocate that light to the out-front mount, underneath the garmin.

This shouldn't be a problem because in theory I get up early in the morning and get my rides in before work, but in practice I'd estimate at least two of my rides end up being night rides each week. Like tonight's.