View Single Post
Old 01-28-06, 08:03 PM
SteveAZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an early 90's 53cm Raleigh Pro Aluminum Composite I'll trade.

Frame & fork= Easton 6000 series aluminum seat tube, top tube, and down tube. Rear triangle is steel as is the fork. The fork is labeled as 4130 chrome moly. No markings on the rear triangle and as you can see in the pictures, it's steel lugged. The top tube is 54cm c to c, the seat tube is 53 c to c, and the stand over height is 31.25"s.

Shifters = Shimano 600 Ultegra on the down tube
Derailluers = Shimano 600 Ultegra front and rear (7 speed)
Brakes = Shimano 600 Ultegra
Hubs = Shimano 600 Ultegra
BB & headset = Shimano 600 Ultegra
Cranks = Shimano 600 Ultegra 170mm with 39/52 chain rings
Cassette = Shimano 600 Ultegra 12x21
Tires = Mishelin Dynamic 700x23
Seat = Fizik Alainte
Pedals = not included
Everything else, not really sure.

Condition = The bike is in pretty good shape but definitely used and not pristine by any means. There is some road rash on both brake levers and I'd personally replace the hoods if I it were going to be mine to ride. The frame has some paint chips but no dents or anything major. The cranks are scuffed up but nothing big. The bars have had clip ons and have markings from them. The seat post is scuffed a little and some black on it from grease. I completely tore the bike down to the frame today, cleaned and lubed all the bearings, cleaned all the components to the best of my ability (those tiny places are hard to get to ), replaced the cables, housings, and bar tape. Built the bike back up and only put a couple miles on it test riding and adjusting it.

One other things, the left crank arm is seized to the BB spindle, not really a big deal as it could still be removed for cleaning. But if you want to change cranks, you'll have to change the BB also.

Overall, kind of a cool bike and I'd keep it but it no longer fits anyone in my family so it has to go to make room for other bikes

I'll leave the bike listed on here for a week and then it goes on ebay

What I'd like to trade for...

I want/need high end parts.

27.2 seat posts
26 x 1 1/8 stems 100, 110, 120mm
Flite gel saddles
Michelin Pro 2 tires
Decent used set of race wheels
Front brake, brake lever, and track bars for my fixie
Decent used TT rear wheel (Shimano 9 speed compatible)

Open to other offers as well. If you have something you think I might be interested in but your value is higher than mine, I'll pay the difference.

I included a picture of just the frame to show it was torn down and overhauled as well as pics of it completed.

Any questions or want more pics, PM me.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by MrCrassic; 09-13-08 at 10:15 PM.