View Single Post
Old 07-06-20, 11:11 AM
Riveting

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 260 Posts
Originally Posted by Marci
The hilltopper,to just be used on the hills and on windy days. So far it works perfectly. Only 3 rides so far....I feel like a kid again.
I also just received and installed my Hilltopper Sprinter wheel (on my commuter bike) this past weekend, and I also have 3 rides on mine so far. I like that it has a throttle to allow me to just give that extra 250 watts of power needed to get up the steepest hills on my southern-Denver route without me over-working my perpetually sore knees any more than I have too. And then I can completely let off the throttle to put my legs back to work on the flats, downhills, and lesser hills. Today was my first 14 mile commute to work, with 800' of ascent, I still showed up a sweaty mess, but my knees weren't blown out from the hills, what a great feeling. Now I'm just hoping there's enough left in the battery to get me home. On a test ride this weekend I was able to maintain 21.5 mph on the flats going directly into a 15 mph stiff headwind, and that's with me putting in a lot effort. I also find the throttle handy when starting off from a dead stop at a crosswalk, I think that's where I was putting in too much power to get moving quickly, and sometimes in too high of a gear, now the Hilltopper handles that for me. I was reluctant, but I'm so glad I made the purchase.
Likes For Riveting: