Old 07-07-20, 08:29 AM
Dewey101

Bikes: '73 Raleigh Sports; 2017 Breezer Downtown 8 ST converted to ebike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting
I also find the throttle handy when starting off from a dead stop at a crosswalk, I think that's where I was putting in too much power to get moving quickly, and sometimes in too high of a gear.
I like Hill Topper replaced the simple on/off switch with a throttle on their entry model. You make a good point about using a throttle, on my Class 2 350w BBS01 I use throttle to get going from a stop, particularly when facing uphill or when towing a trailer, then use pedal assist to keep riding. I rarely just throttle along, only for slow speed manouvering or when filtering past stopped traffic when I need to avoid striking a curbstone with my pedal. My motor uses a cadence sensor so it's a bit basic more like a motor on/off switch, so I use the PAS levels and bicycle gears to control my cadence. I'd like to try a Class 2 throttle plus a torque sensor PAS like on the TSDZ2, Revel, or Grin Tech hub motors, I like Class 1 torque sensor motors and enjoyed test riding a Gazelle EasyFlow with Shimano Steps, but I rely enough on the throttle to get going I know I would miss it.

Last edited by Dewey101; 07-07-20 at 08:37 AM.