View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 07:09 PM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by CrepitusCritch
Ortlieb do a security cable that attaches to your panniers and allows them to be locked to the rack. They retract out of site when not in use. I tried to attach a photo of mine but this is my first post and therefore unable. Sorry.
I made some light cable security cables for my Ortlieb Roller front and rear bags. The cable is only 3/32", but it will stop an opportunistic thief. My wife's Packer Plus panniers were outfitted with the security cables from Ortlieb. They did not make any for the Roller series of bags.

We left our bikes cabled to this wooden fence in a Swiss campground for an entire day while we took a train, actually 2 trains, to see a mountain I'd dreamed of climbing since I was a kid. A hard kick would have knocked the rails off the fence posts. It was safer than leaving the bikes at the train station; and it was only a 2-mile walk from the CG to town. We left before dawn, and returned well after dark. I think situational awareness is important, but it could lead to a bad call.

The North Face of the Eiger- it was just nice to see it

Last edited by Doug64; 01-31-22 at 12:11 AM.
Likes For Doug64: