Thread: Shorter Cranks
View Single Post
Old 05-12-22, 07:01 AM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
Originally Posted by couldwheels
Do you actually ride around in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Jeddah??

I worked there for a while, it gets really hot esp this time of the year and bound to get hotter in July, as high as 120F!! Still hot even very early in the morning!. I actually miss the place, great food (the bbq Kabsa chicken especially and the "burritos"), fun times!

My inseam is 83cm and matched for 170mm crank. But I can hold higher effort zones for longer periods with 150mm crank.

To be honest, my very first experience being a roadie at a very young age, I went with 170mm. I don't recall having an issue about it apart from saddle soreness. But then my next bike had 150 mm. I spent a lot more time riding on the 150mm crank bike. Now I'm back to 170mm size crank and now my legs are complaining.

You mean like this?

You'll probably hardly recognize the place today. We've got a whole circus running near where we live, complete we scantily clad ladies performing (well, not as scantily clad by Western standards, but still!) We've got women driving their own cars all over the place (and occasionally crashing into you and blaming you for being there )... We've got women hanging around shopping centers in Western clothes with no black gowns or headscarves and no one seems to give a rat's ass anymore ... We've got happier, more cheerful people (well, again, relatively speaking) going about their daily lives... People are living normally for a change, free of the constant erstwhile worry of being chased around by big men with big black beards and big sticks in big black SUVs. It used to be when people felt they had to come to Saudi Arabia because you had to earn a living and somebody gave them a job there. Now they want to come to Saudi Arabia to see the place, and there's plenty to see.

And my wife and I just had kabsah for lunch

Last edited by sjanzeir; 05-12-22 at 07:53 AM.
Likes For sjanzeir: