Old 09-15-22, 09:05 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by Branko D
Entirely possible - I couldn't see a difference at all.

Anyway, I have the same ones, ordered from Aliexpress, on my gravel bike, and wife on her road bike. They're light and pretty, but they do eject bottles when going fast downhill over potholes and crap (and I lost a bottle on my first and only gravel race I did on it), to the extent I don't really trust them. Of course I'm far less miffled when a random aliexpress purchase turns out to be a bit crap then if I paid Trek branded pricing for my cheap chinese stuff. On my road bike I've got a set of Decathlon CF cages which are fully reliable, and were something like 18 Eur or such, which I found to be fair - they're consistently the manufacturer which offers the most "value for money".

One broke after my kid climbed on it while the bike was sitting in the trainer, which I don't think the Bontrager branded one would've endured, either.
The girl originally bought the black Bontrager cages for her Purple Flip Trek Domane but then she wanted Purple ones to match her bike. Surprisingly she found the exact color matching purple flip ones on Amazon. And when they arrived...same damn thing as the Bontrager ones.