View Single Post
Old 11-21-22, 02:39 PM
maddog34

Bikes: !982 Trek 930R Custom, Diamondback ascent with SERIOUS updates, Fuji Team Pro CF and a '09 Comencal Meta 5.5

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by cchki
I took the measurements with the caliber and it was exactly 100mm. But I was thinking that I put 9pc 1/4 bearings and 3/16 bearings you need 10pc. You think it should still be more than 100mm if bearings are not correct now? Everyone is telling, that there is no such hub existing, that take 1/4 bearings in front hub.
oops, hadn't made it to your latest post... if the 1/4" balls fit, the axle turns smoothly with no Notchiness, and the O.L.D. you have now measured is correct... run it!

the oddest hub i have here is a nutted axle with an 80mm O.L.D.... off some old Huffy or something. I don't toss it out of curiosity.

No one stated that 1/4" ball front hubs Don't Exist... but they are RARE. Last bike i recall having the 1/4 ball front hub was a Columbia Women-specific "Trail Head" MTB... they were 4 bolt Disc hubs... yes... FOUR bolt discs. alas, the rear hub used odd Cones that are badly trashed/pitted, i had none in stock..... rims/spokes were fine... i replaced both hubs... the front hub is in a stock bin now... after some serious upgrades, the bike now weighs 26 lbs. and is a blast to ride!

Last edited by maddog34; 11-21-22 at 02:52 PM.
Likes For maddog34: