Old 05-03-17, 07:10 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
I think when they fill that **** in it's flat but then as cars hit it, they hit the softer patch and push asphalt up on the far side, like a super-slow molasses wave. Then as the whole at the front edge gets deeper it just exaggerates the impact from the car and viola- you're ****ed.
+1

Using a cheap filler will do that.

A better, plastics based filler will harden quicker and more permanently. Not only that, since the resins are pressure activated they stay somewhat pliable for years in the bag. I used this stuff at the Bethel Spring Series to patch up stuff. The patches there that look amateurish, that's me. Works under water (like in a water filled pothole), etc. Immediately ready for use, just sprinkle some sand on it to keep it from sticking to tires.

Bags are about $10 for the cheap stuff, about $22-24 for the good stuff. The good stuff I know is Perma Patch.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson