View Single Post
Old 07-17-22, 08:34 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
I'm pretty happy with it overall. This was my fifth tri and that's my fastest pace so far. Not by a lot, but still fastest. And it was mostly flat. The course was two laps that included a back-and-forth over a bridge.

As for the run, I gave it all back there. I ran right at a 10 minute/mile pace. I'm not exactly a speedy runner but in a single 5k or 10k event I'm generally around an 8:30-9 minute pace. I was just out of gas at that point. What I did really well (for me) was the swim. The swim has always been my worst event. Regardless of wave, I am usually one of the last ones out of the water. But about 9-10 months ago I started to incorporate some upper body free weights in my routine and I've been swimming at the public pool twice a week this summer. That has helped immensely. I got out of the water in the back of the pack, but I was still in the pack.

My goal is to do 20mph pace at some point. So, I failed this time. As for power meters and watts and stuff, I have no idea about that stuff. I get on my bike and pedal like hell. As to the course, There were quite a few turns and I had to traverse a bridge a total of four times, so mostly flat, but not ideal.
If your goal is 20 mph, my suggestion is to focus on your position on the bike and aerodynamics as the quickest path. I am sure you can do it!!!
Likes For GhostRider62: