Old 12-11-22, 05:52 AM
cherokeeronin

Bikes: SGM Charles Jerry 26er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2
Most users on BF have no clue about alternative groupsets from China, I honestly wouldn't bother asking. I think the Sensah SRX has been fairly proven and is also used in the US under State Bicycle's All-Road gravel bikes. Though to be honest I find Sensah's shared brake lever shifting to be finicky.

I'll offer another solution. The LTwoo GR7 (10 speed) or GR9 (11 speed) are Shimano compatible and I feel have better index shifting versus Sensah with campy style shift levers, with the only issue is the inability to shift in the drops. They're a bit cheaper in price and perhaps you could get a Shimano GRX 812 1x RD with GoatLink which I still find superior to the alternative RDs on the market. You can then hit max 50t capacity on your cassette (my friend has the same setup but using 105 R7000 shifters). If the GRX 812 is out of your budget, Ltwoo does have the GR7/GR9 RD (also Shimano compatible), but doesn't come with a built-in barrel adjuster. If you can get access to a Jagwire Rocket cable barrel tensioner, it should give you the ability properly index your RD. You could even use Ltwoo GR7/GR9 RD with either Tiagra 4700 (10 speed) or 105 5800/R7000 (11 speed) shifters or just go full LTwoo GR7/GR9 with the entire setup versus the Sensah SRX which is SRAM only compatible.
Hi friend! Thank you for this suggestion. I was also wondering if I should go full shimano build on this. Basically going 105 R700 with any 11spd Deore RD + a Wolftooth Tanpan to make the shifters and RD compatible. But as you said with their compatiblity, I've got a few speculations here and there.

If I am going to choose 105 R700 STI combined with Ltwoo's GR9, that would be compatible right? Since if that is correct, knowing that MicroNew 2x11 speed Shifters are compatible with the 105 Groupset, this technically means the MicroNew 2x11 would be compatible with Ltwoo's GR9 Rear Derailleur? -> (which would technically then be the cheapest built out of all, and MicroNew for me is the best cheap Road Shifters that are crisp and solid with shifting) But I was thinking, the full Shimano build of 105 + Deore + WT Tanpan would be most crisp to begin with.

Is the Ltwoo GR9 RD finicky in any way regarding its shifting or how everything works? I'm worried about not having crisp shifts since this is the problem that I'm currently having with the Ltwoo A5 Elite RD. But as far as 2:1 RD goes, it's the best Long Cage RD that can reach up to 50T cassette.

Another note, is that IF Sensah SRX is compatible with SRAM only, that means I can use maybe a SRAM Rival (right shifter) along with Sensah SRX Rear Derailleur, since they are compatible right? Since I've read in other threads too that Sensah SRX shifters are compatible with SRAM road RDs. But I haven't seen any where SRAM Rival is used with Sensah's SRX Rear Derailleur