Old 03-05-22, 08:21 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by katsup
I now have some miles on the Klampers and I have been quite impressed. They are being used on my mountain bike (flat bar, short pull) and the stopping power is excellent. It has taken me longer than expected to get the caliper adjusted, but this may be due to me wanting to get the position perfect. The lever feel is different than hydro, but I can still stop with 1 finger in most situations. The size of the klamper caliper may limit install options on some bikes as well.

As to whether than are worth nearly 3x more than Juin Tech R1 would depend on the application. The R1 are on my road / gravel bike with drop bars and the stopping power is more than sufficient. However, I don't bomb down dirt trails on this bike. I've heard that the fluid can overheat on hybrid brakes due to the small reservoir, and for this reason, I went with the Klampers on my mountain bike.

Note that full hydro brakes will stop just as good, if not better, than the Klampers, with less expense, but there is something about cable pull brakes that I like. I do expect the Klampers to last longer than the average hydro caliper.
Excellent review, thank you
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.