Old 06-25-22, 06:38 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3243 Post(s)
Liked 2,091 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by Tbaynes
Thanks for the follow-up Steve. I didn’t think about the Marathons - that might be a good choice.

I got a set of 700x35 Gravel King SKs yesterday - was pleased to find that Sunshine Bike (my primary LBS) actually had them on their site and in-stock. A rarity in these supply-constrained times.

So we’ll see how they do. There are a number of gravel roads and trails around where we live and I’ve been hesitant to spend too much time on them, with the Gatorskins. I want a little more tread than that.

But my wife gets nervous riding on most roads so this is a good chance to explore a new dimension to our riding. I think she would like the peacefulness of gravel. We’ll see!
I have 43mm Gravel King SK's on my gravel bike, they are great tires and would be my choice on the Katy and similar dirt/gravel. The SK rolls really well on asphalt, yet grips very well in turns on dirt single track has been my experience. A superior tire to the WTB Riddler that came on the bike.
Likes For Steve B.: