Old 01-25-23, 08:58 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1086 Post(s)
Liked 859 Times in 488 Posts
Update, I bought a bike.

I saw a Yuba Boda Boda in what appeared to be good shape for a decent price. It came with the butt pad, kid cage, and dual saddlebags.

I took her to see it and see if it fit. It actually fits! She rode it around comfortably. I could get shorter cranks and stem but it seems fine.

I could tell she was in love with it. She’s a notorious cheapskate for bike purchases and was just beaming. I Venmo’s the seller right away and now it’s in my garage.

This bike has a front dynamo hub that powers front and rear lights. Kinda cool. For that and just the overall layout of the bike, I ordered a 500w Bafang rear wheel. 48v 17.5ah battery.

The front fork is Disc compatible but the dynamo hub isn’t. The rear brake is post mount only. Considering it’s her and the kids, I’m not going to mess around with Alivio level V-brakes, so a front and rear set of Magura HS11’s are also on the way. I asked for the brake sensor, not the replacement lever, so these can work.

Right now I’m $1600 in and expect to spend a little more on odds and ends.

I’m very happy with all of this. It’ll probably be on the road mid February.

Its dark now so no photos but here is one that the seller had in the ad. Not pictured is the kid cage and bags.
Likes For rosefarts: