Old 05-10-13, 07:46 AM
velotnt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Slack/Play in the drivetrain?

Hey guys!

I had my heart set on the Windsor Knight from Bikesdirect.com but they didnt have my size. Turns out Chris from BD told me they werent getting new shipments of current Ultegra equipped 6700s but the next shipment they get, it'll be Ultegra 6800 11 speeds at $1k+! At more than $1k I was priced out, I happened to check out craigslist and found an Ultegra 6600 Windsor Knight. Scooped it up for $400 lightly used and in great condition, what a steal!

Went for a ride yesterday and noticed a little bit of 'play/slack' when I start pedaling after coasting. So for example, I'm riding on a flat road, spin for a while and I decide to give my legs a quick 5 second rest and stop pedalling. When I resume pedaling it's as if I have to move the cranks a 1/8 inch before I feel the drivetrain start to engage or 'bite' and start to accelerate. I've ridden singlespeeds for a while and really like the direct feel as soon as I put my weight on the pedals, but with this road bike there's just that little bit of slack that when I put my weight on the pedals the freewheel(or cassette?) takes a second to catch.

Any solutions or am I just not use to road bikes?

Thanks!

Last edited by velotnt; 05-10-13 at 07:48 AM. Reason: phrasing