Old 09-15-22, 05:07 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
[QUOTE=mtnbud;22647742]
Originally Posted by b88
IMO: There are vigilante cyclists who make it a point to enforce their right to be on the road by purposefully getting in the way of vehicles to make their point.. Those types of cyclists tend to tick off drivers and cause them to stereotype all cyclists. Once they feel that way, all cyclists get stereotyped into the same category. The best you can do is be polite and hope to sway their attitude in the other direction so they will stop taking out all their hate on every cyclist they encounter.
IMO: That's total bs. I do a fair amount of driving, I've never been unreasonably inconvenienced by a cyclist. I do deliberately "get in the way" of a driver behind me when they're likely to take a right turn into me if they don't know I'm there, but that's actually the legally prescribed safety measure in my state. Only snowflake drivers with a false sense of entitlement don't understand that.

I've tried the stay to the right of a right turn lane method and I got hit by a car. I don't intend to repeat the experience. I don't care if that is where the bike lane is, the guy who painted it in the wrong place isn't the one who's going to suffer if I get hit.

ETA: I really totally object to the assumption that hostile drivers are reacting to something someone did to them sometime in the past. It's a total bs alibi for really crappy behavior on their part. There's absolutely nothing you or I can do to get them to stop with this "get off my road" attitude.

Last edited by livedarklions; 09-15-22 at 05:22 AM.
Likes For livedarklions: