Old 03-11-13, 11:03 PM
Omiak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
Meh.

Foffing around internationally, throwing dollars at every cheap thrill and indulgence, is for the rich. A "normal backpacker"? this means, presumably, a wealthy global citizen on vacation.

Good job snubbing others who BYOB and ride bikes that don't break after five days, regaling the forum with your own proletariat purports.

Don't get "cheapskate" confused with "poor".
I don't know what "foffing" means but the first google result gives "sexual games involving chocolate bars." But whatever you meant, I'm sure its roughly equivalent to taking a 3 week vacation after working full time as a high school teacher for a year.

Why exactly do you consider my bicycle tour a cheap indulgent thrill? I'm assuming that you must approve of some kind of bicycle touring given you're on a bicycle touring forum.

How am I snubbing anyone by demonstrating how you can tour on a cheap bike? If anything that seems more inclusive to me than the people on this forum who act like you need a LHT or similar $1500 touring bike to enjoy yourself on tour.

I never used the word "poor" in anything I wrote so really I don't know what your talking about here. If you think I meant to imply that I was poor in the original post you're mistaken. If you mean to label me as a cheapskate I really don't mind.