View Single Post
Old 02-10-16, 10:34 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
I've mentioned on this forum before that I was intrigued by the C17, more from the angle of not having to worry about rain at all. I was tempted by it, and looked and held them in stores and wondered, but my misgivings were enforced by the fact that its a $200 ca seat, so you are putting out $230 cad. to try it out.

My misgivings were that the fabric would be a bother-I in fact like on my leather saddles that there is so little friction, I feel this is a real plus factor for bottom comfort over a long day.
-I do like the fact that the leather does take your shape, and for me, the leather ones really do work well because of this
-one of the things I noticed with a leather seat is that in hot muggy riding conditions, it really does seem that everything is less hot and sweaty than with a plastic non breathing saddle surface. Could be wrong, but thats how it seems to me, so I have concerns with a rubber seat in this regard.

I would happily try one if I saw one for $75 or whatever, as you say, it should be easy to resell, I'm just very hesitant to spend over 200 bucks to find out I should have spent the money towards another leather one that I know I get along with very well (or just some other bike or camping stuff).