View Single Post
Old 08-20-18, 12:28 PM
Divebrian

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
Gotcha, yeah, of course you know gearing - it sounds like you're wondering what to expect from the field and the speed so that you can make a gearing decision.

Exactly....I trained exclusively for the sprints at last year and this years Masters Nats and training for the sprints in Worlds this year. Making the 10 1/2 drive up to Rock Hill this Friday for the Saturday sprint tournament, but figured since I'm arriving on Friday, might as well arrive a few hours earlier and participate in the 4 mass start races they have Friday night (scratch, tempo, elimination and points). Just trying to make the most out of it and not have the 1st race be a disappointing gear learning experience......I know my gearing will probably be off by a couple of inches and I can deal with that, just trying to get in the ball park so I can hang in the 1st race and get a baseline and make adjustments from there. Fitness and track time is my main goal and being spit out the back by lap 5 doesn't do me any good, especially since I only get to the velodrome once every couple of months.