View Single Post
Old 08-20-18, 01:17 PM
tobukog

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Divebrian
Exactly....I trained exclusively for the sprints at last year and this years Masters Nats and training for the sprints in Worlds this year. Making the 10 1/2 drive up to Rock Hill this Friday for the Saturday sprint tournament, but figured since I'm arriving on Friday, might as well arrive a few hours earlier and participate in the 4 mass start races they have Friday night (scratch, tempo, elimination and points). Just trying to make the most out of it and not have the 1st race be a disappointing gear learning experience......I know my gearing will probably be off by a couple of inches and I can deal with that, just trying to get in the ball park so I can hang in the 1st race and get a baseline and make adjustments from there. Fitness and track time is my main goal and being spit out the back by lap 5 doesn't do me any good, especially since I only get to the velodrome once every couple of months.
Well, if they combine the fields like last year, I'd err on the big side. A word of warning: last year when they combined the fields they picked COMPLETELY separately for the omnium. Which meant that as a Master if I placed 3rd overall in the race and a rival placed 10th -- I was credited with a 1st and my rival with 2nd. No one knew that we were being scored that way until the final points race when I was told that what I thought was a massive lead was actually just 6 points.