Old 05-16-21, 07:00 AM
gear64

Bikes: State Black Label All Road, Univega Gran Premio, Lotus Classique, Terranaut Metro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel
I tried all weight rep schemes I’m just shot. I hate stopping but there only so much fuel in this burro. The mileage over the years has taken its toll but I’m staying active on the bikes that isn’t going to stop anytime soon.
I hear you. I got hooked on body weight fitness (pull ups, push ups, l-sits,working towards levers) 7 yrs or so ago and made what I thought was some fantastic progress for my age for a few years then it was over. I never felt like I pushed myself that hard based on the forums I was following and how I felt early on. Then the joint pain set in fairly suddenly in a short period of time. No matter how much I backed off/rested it was just a short bit before joints were painful enough to seem foolish to continue. I walked away completely for a while, but nothing I've tried since can be done for very long either. I cycle through different programs throughout the year hardly doing anything during what I consider cycling season, then ramping it up a little more in the winter. I've tried dumb bells relatively light, kettlebells relatively light, considering machines this winter at my rec center. Tamer body weight programs. It's quite frustrating because I feel like my muscles have 10x the capacity of my connective tissues. My elbows medial and lateral are worst, but some shoulder issues as well, and within last couple of year hips. Maybe for some additional reference I just moved my daughter the last two days. No sweat. I had no trouble lifting, moving, crawling around stuff to disconnect, up, down, all around. Feel pretty decent today with just a little elbow soreness. However if I did 10 lb dumb bell curls a few times a week, for 8 weeks my elbows would be killing me. Same with dumb bell presses.