View Single Post
Old 06-30-21, 11:43 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 561 Posts
Originally Posted by tcs
Yes, your disappointment and regret over your ST tour has been noted here many times, and your one-man campaign to prevent others from wasting their own tour opportunities is commendable.
I wouldn't say I regretted it at all. It was the best choice for the time frame of when I wanted to go. I am not even sure I'd say I was disappointed, since I pretty much knew what to expect. I was looking to get out in February and crank out long days. It was okay. I definitely wouldn't go for the scenery though. I also definitely wouldn't ride it when it was hot. That would be my idea of hell. The people and food were redeeming features that offset the lack of scenery most of the way. You do need to be mentally prepared for the long miles of nothingness so I tend to think folks ought to be warned what to expect. I could see someone being put off of touring if their first tour was the ST. Mine was the TA, but if it was the ST in warm weather I might not have gone again.

I do know one guy who has done all three AC routes at least once and the ST is his favorites. So not everyone shares my opinion.