View Single Post
Old 03-24-22, 11:12 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,366 Times in 947 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
I can't believe I could not find that on my own, THANK YOU!!!

The device also can display the elevation profile on the map. (I don't find that useful.) You can turn that off too.

Settings (hamburger menu: the three horizontal lines) -> Profile -> Road (whatever you use) -> Data Screes -> Show Elevation Profile -> Off

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Maybe I want the cuesheet screen.....will experiment. Thanks again.
It's "course points" (the term Garmin uses) not "cuesheet". (RWGPS writes its cues as "course points" in the file.)

The "course points" are typically turn instructions but you can add your own custom ones (for food stops) in Garmin Connect and RWGPS (but you need a subscription).

Course points were how Edges that didn't have maps were able to provide turn instructions. They are separate from the "turn guidance" (big white arrows). You can use both or either or none.

The course points show up as magenta icons on the map (and are listed in the course point page, as you know).

They work as a backup/repeat of the "turn guidance" instructions. People often don't quite understand what they are or how they work (and so might be confused by them).

The course point page (and a data field) shows the distance to the course points (or the next one). If one could get rid of the ones for turns and keep the custom ones, they could be used to display the distance to the next control (for example). Garmin Connect only includes your custom course points (you don't get the ones for turns).

Note that if you are using "turn guidance", you can get a list of turns by tapping the text at the top of the map. If you tap a turn, you'll see a zoomed in picture of the turn. You can also disable "turn guidance" (useful if your track isn't following roads/paths on the map).

Last edited by njkayaker; 03-24-22 at 12:06 PM.
Likes For njkayaker: