Old 09-12-22, 10:51 PM
1964Supersport

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Supersport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Mule
Good looking Super Sport you got there @1964Supersport. You took good care of it. I like the Sky Blue paint. I don't think there were too many Super Sports that came in Flamboyant colors like that.

I'm hoping that you get the fit dialed in for you and you can continue to ride it. It looks like you can slide those brake levers up toward your body a little more. It is hard to judge because it looks like the brake lever is in the position to remove a wheel.

It can be tough for some of us older guys to use dropped bars. If the dropped handlebars don't work out you can try an upright or other type of bar that gets you in a more comfortable position.

I have dropped bar bikes, however, I am tending to use my upright bar bikes more often nowadays. When I do ride the dropped bar bikes 80 to 90% of the time have my hands are on the hoods or tops. So, then I think, who am I kidding with these dropped bars. I am almost never down below the brake levers. Well, my mind and my bikes are still a work in progress.
I agree with what your saying, going on 68 I don't care much for the dropped position.