View Single Post
Old 10-03-12, 09:49 AM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
We can't afford a car, it just put's too much stress on our meger budget, I have two very mean forms of arthritis and it makes walking a chore. Although it still hurts to ride a bicycle, I can actually get somewhere at a distance in a decent time frame and I REALLY do not like riding the city bus due to bladder control problems in my being 50+. I totally MISS owing a motorcycle so we could do "longer distance touring" in a much shorter time span than trying to do it via bicycles. Motorcycles are VERY expensive, upkeep wise, tire's are insanely priced for the few miles you get out them, maint. shop time is close to $100 an hour, nowadays and accessiories are even more expensive. The bicycle is the ONLY "moving vechical" that works for us, we can get to work, get food, haul stuff, ride across town in a fairly short time. Without the bicycle I'd have to walk to the store, haul the food in a two wheeled cart, hassle getting that kinda load on a city bus, we'd be STUCK to this area only for recreation, ect. My bicycles are extremly important to ME!