Old 09-29-15, 07:29 PM
Ekdog

Bikes: Brompton M6R, mountain bikes, Circe Omnis+ tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by soom
Sorry my grammar/choice of words may not be that great. I learned English as a second language but not sure what you mean by the homogeneous breed comment.

Agreed that the prospect of having to leave your bicycle stranded is something to clearly avoid. I've been a long time bus rider and the general rule of thumb is use the bicycle rack or they will let you bring the bicycle on board if the rack is full and if/when it's the last route.

Do you have a smartphone and have tried uber/lyft? It's a much better on-demand service than say a cab. Also if you're riding in a remote area then I doubt a cab / on-demand service will drive that far out for you. I'm not sure where you're exactly riding though or the popularity of such services in your area. I live in a populous area so its not an issue.
Welcome to the forum. For someone who learned English as a second language, your writing is excellent. If you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never have guessed. I think Tandempower meant to say that taxis in the United States are not all the same, that there are a lot of different kinds.