View Single Post
Old 05-01-21, 10:41 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 890 Posts
Took the Surly Trucker DeLuxe and rode East, for another afternoon of playing in traffic and surfing the hills fringing the Fells Reservation (sometimes simultaneously). Spring proceeds apace, and the folks at the Kurukulla Center were refreshing the stupa with a little gardening.

On Everett Street in East Arlington, I caught sight of a number of very small soccer players, drilling, in a scene reminiscent of "The Teddy Bears' Picnic".

The greenery is back on the banks of the Malden River, and the cormorants are fishing.

The greenery is back in the Bell Rock Cemetery, as well.

It was another windy day, as this food truck parked in a lot next to the Northern Strand demonstrated with its canopy. This occasionally made some hills seem a little steeper.

I have come to love riding hills, and seek them out, but I find them somewhat hard to photograph. Quite apart from the difficulty finding a good place to stand to take the photograph, without getting an SUV in your back pocket, and then resuming a climb after the photo's taken, in too many photos an upslope gets turned into a downslope, or vice versa, through some sort of psychovisual magic that I don't understand. But I keep trying at intervals, even though it's often more fun to just ride the hills.

Rode West again, heading home.

Speaking of masks, which we weren't, I wore a KN95 mask on today's ride as has become usual for me over the months of the pandemic. At some point that will change, perhaps, but at the moment it feels safer to ride that way... and it filters the tree pollen. So I noted the recent relaxation of outdoor mask wearing, but didn't act on it.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 05-02-21 at 10:58 AM.
Likes For rholland1951: