View Single Post
Old 05-15-21, 04:27 PM
DBrim

Bikes: 2013 Trek 7.2FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Got some new tires on the commuter bike on Friday and took them for a spin today, mostly on the Minuteman up just beyond Lexington Center. Saw 9.2 on the Garmin when I took a snack break in the park by the visitors center, so I had to continue a little bit to make sure I got to 20+ total for the ride (overall distance 20.5). Longest ride since 2015 for me, though I'm definitely looking to extend the endurance a lot more this summer. My longest ride ever is a shade over 40 miles (also on this Trek) and I want to surpass that this summer. Might be time to shoot for a half-century.

Had a nice mid-ride interruption on the way up the hill into Lexington, as two kids (maybe eight years old) flagged me down. One of their bikes dropped their chain so I got it back on for them. A minor thing, but it's those kind of little interactions that I really missed over the last year.

I was not the only one enjoying the very nice weather on the minuteman today, as expected, though it was less busy than I thought it was going to be. It didn't stop some careless dog owners from almost getting me decapitated by letting their dogs chase geese off-leash and scare them into flight. There's always somebody on a ride like this.

Last edited by DBrim; 05-15-21 at 04:48 PM.
Likes For DBrim: