Old 08-05-21, 04:57 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
That is a steel one. You can tell the aluminum (lux) models' all have a 3 piece crankset. The steel ones use the old single piece crank, as does the one in the ad you posted.

I don't see any dents. Thee might be a slight dent or crease on the chainguard, but it looks really clean. Are referring to the curve of the seat stay tube over the rear wheel? It is just shaped that way

Originally Posted by AlbatrossWheeld
Thank you very much. I've been thinking in this direction lately. Find the frame I like and modify from there. And I think I've found (online) the frame I want...you know it...the Electra Cruiser Lux 7D. I was leaning toward a steel/heavier ride, but I live at the beach so aluminum makes a lot of sense. I've even found details I want: I like that pointed V-shape they can have on the frame at the back wheel hub, and I like a chain ring part (right name? disc part of the crank) that has round cut-outs. Overall it seems kinda art-deco to me. I'll try to attach a pic of a green one I've seen for sale on Craigslist in Eugene, OR. Problem with that one is it's called excellent, but it has several Major dents, scratches, scrapes, etc, even on the frame (esp left side at curve at front of rear tire). I don't mind a repaint & rebuild, but serious dents in the frame?... All bikes seem hard to buy these days, let alone a specific model. This style of Lux looks older than the ones I currently see on Electra's website, close but different.

Attaching my jpg isn't working. Here's the craigslist ad for anyone interested:

https://eugene.craigslist.org/bik/d/...349600852.html

Last edited by restlessswind; 08-05-21 at 05:04 PM.