View Single Post
Old 12-22-21, 12:54 AM
cjenrick

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts
i get blinded on the bike path too. and i have blinded other people. and i get blinded by cars. blinded, is that a word? can i say that here?

if you are on a long ride out in the country on the bike path, your night vision kicks in so that any light coming your way is going to seem really bright.

especially true if you are riding at night with no light and someone comes your way with 900 lumens. this happened to a poor unfortunate soul i met out on thee bike path, funny thing is, he didn't have any brakes either. all of a sudden he ducks his head and starts his feets to draggin in an effort to stop, looking very nervous i might add,

pedestrians on the bike path are also in the crossfire. they usually have no lights except maybe a signaling flashlight, the other night i approached a couple on the trail at night, i put my glove over my lamp as i was passing, letting out just enough light through the fingers in order to navigate. they said "Thank You! so this might be my new thing. never had this issue with the double c cell cateye back in 84.

i wear a baseball cap when i ride instead of a helmet, so that bill on the front makes a great visor for shielding out unwanted lumens. i should wear a helmet, i own a giro helmet, but at my age, how much of my life would i save? 1.5% ? that's why i don't kill myself. what's the point?

watch out at night for those BMX punks with the ratty backpack, no lights and no brakes. they be runners and they might be packin.

question: you are out on the bike path in the country at night, alone, and someone on the side of the path asks for help with their flat tire. do you ride on by or offer assistance?

i got a guy who keeps shouting at me late at night when i am on my Winco run. "hey John! it's me! come on over here!" this has happened about 5 times already.
my name ain't john and i ain't stoppin to say hi.

Last edited by cjenrick; 12-22-21 at 01:14 AM.
Likes For cjenrick: