View Single Post
Old 12-27-21, 01:27 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 585 Times in 240 Posts
Went out for a ride this morning. It was cold - just above freezing. This gave me an opportunity to try out the Pearl Izumi AmFib jacket I got for Christmas. I was very comfortable with that jacket over a jersey and a thermal base. The color is called "screaming yellow", and it certainly does:

I took the Minuteman out to Bedford, and then the Reformatory as far as Route 62. The MM was pretty much clean and dry, except for the bridges. As they say on the highways "bridge freezes before pavement". This was most noticeable on the Route 128 overpass, as well as the short bridge over the Shawsheen River. Not a problem as long as you are paying attention. By the way, the outside restrooms at the Lexington visitor's center are still open. (Bedford's are closed, as was previously reported.)

The Reformatory had a dusting of snow. It made a crunchy sound when riding over it. This pic is looking East from the parking area at Route 62:

It was very peaceful. I didn't see another soul on the Reformatory.

I am usually done for the season once the roads and trails get sloppy, but this year is providing an extended opportunity for dry riding. There is still no significant snow in the two week forecast. Its been a good year for biking and I am OK with the snow coming, I know some of you are looking forward to riding on it!

Last edited by bike_tom; 12-27-21 at 01:37 PM.
Likes For bike_tom: