View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 09:10 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Why were you arguing with someone who knows nothing?

You had said earlier something to the effect that there are very few who have ridden 300 miles in 24 hours but there are at least 2 or 3 on this thread who have done more miles than that in 24 hours, many times.

Subjecting one's E level to testing on the road isn't fun but something I have done. Your statements about miles and eating are very believable. I think I stated that I have ridden 8 hour 200K brevets in hilly terrain on only water. I also rode 453 Km in 15 hours on 1 banana and two gels, clearly not optimal but I had no food except my own body fat. I lost 5 pounds of fat in 1230 km over 2 days. Let's see if that math adds up for your friend.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...26049515003340

Because he picked a fight with me by claiming my posts were implausible. I don't know about you, but I really don't care for implications that I'm somehow lying. Also, I find the subject interesting, and it's been interesting reading other people's take on why he's wrong..

I think 300 miles in 24 hours is rare. I also think that the people attracted to this thread are going to be people who do rare things, you perhaps more than anyone else on this thread. I don't think I could tolerate that just for lack of sleep, so I'm damn impressed by people who can. If I recall, I mentioned that because I thought the OP should start a thread in the endurance forum. Also, keep in mind OP mentioned the T2 diabetes, so that may be a complicating factor that other endurance riders have coped with over such long rides.