Old 01-17-22, 05:24 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,824 Times in 878 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
As far as "solidarity" I dunno.

Most 2 wheel, leather jacket, bad mo-fo types also tend to be moderately affluent, wife/2 kid, mortgage, giant pick-up truck, high-bills types that as a coping mechanism also fancy themselves as the independent, "eff-em'-if they're-not-already-on-my-side" on the weekend poser types. The loud pipes & leather Banditos affiliate jacket is their big buy-in to the: "I get to be a jerk like I really wanna be IRL so I can be one of the the cool kids." group.

The challenge is to relate to Mr. Established, middle-income Billy Rebel riding on the 30k Harley Dyna-Status-Glide with the knuckle-pan mojo is to make a connection on their level...The relate is: vulnerability of being on 2 wheels, out in the open, exposed, being different, & being disregarded. They want to see the scenery, but also want to be part of the scene on a first-hand basis, too.

I've found that once the connection is made, it's something they readily understand & relate to...So, maybe? But, understanding bicycling is something that must be served to them. They've been conditioned to believe horsepower is power is authenticity, bad-assity.

I know I put over 100,000 miles on my eleven-hundred dollar KZ1000 police bike. Only rarely was I not alone in the designated motorcycle parking area of my work when the 37 degree rains arrived. That tells you all you need to know about Mr. McRebel.
Originally Posted by caloso
I always assumed those Harleys were made of sugar. I’ve never seen one out on a rainy day.
None of that hit the mark in my case