Thread: Cyclists Hate?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-12, 03:33 AM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
I guess that's why I'll never be a road bike guy...I just don't have that passion. I enjoy riding on the road. I would enjoy it much more if I lived in a more rural area then LA. For me it takes the fun out of it and just adds stress.

Heck, biking is just cross training from running for me...I don't need the tension every time I go out. Especially when I can hop on a trail less then a mile from house. I'll probably get on the Litespeed (reluctantly) tomorrow and pedal over to the Rose Bowl and back. Then again, my frame of mind in the morning might be...who needs it...and just climb the fire roads on my Ellsworth.

Your dedication is admirable Rudy.
I am pretty much of the same mind: I can hop on a number of trails quite easily. It avoids the danger as well as the hassle of the roads.

At least there I can settle down into a nice, pleasant, steady rhythm and enjoy the ride and beauty of the nature around me. Around here I would either be on a busy highway holding up traffic or stopping every few hundred yards for an intersection or something -- and to get to a back road would take longer than it does to get to a trail.

A 100 miles or so of rails to trails are within 10 miles of my house and they are just safer, easier and more pleasant than on the road.