Old 06-09-22, 12:16 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
- and I have no issues with that at all. I have been trying to approach hookless though with that mindset and hoping there was just some huge advantage I wasn't understanding yet. After digging quite a bit I have yet to find anything that can be easily articulated - causing me to really think this is BB 2.0
I didn't buy mine for any huge advantage. I bought mine for a number of small reasons. First and foremost, I was gonna run tubeless anyway. They were lighter and wider than my Reynolds. They were cheaper, at full pop, than my Reynolds were at a deep discount a few years earlier. Better overall profile, including a much smoother tire/rim transition, with my preferred 28mm tires. The promise of a less damage-prone edge when my heavy ass hits a MN pothole, and a lifetime warranty to back that up.

Living with them, day-today, which has been somewhere in the neighborhood of 12k miles, has been awesome - maybe my favorite bike-related purchase ever. They ride well, soaking up ****** roads but still providing feedback. They're more confidence-inspiring in the corners than any wheels that I've had before. Getting tires on/off and seated is easier than any tubeless wheels that I've owned before.

Is all of this because of hookless? No, but it's certainly a part of the package. Would I recommend them to everyone? ****, no - I've told people to avoid them numerous times on these boards. Would I enthusiastically recommend them to the right person? Abso******lutely.