Old 10-18-05, 07:00 PM
allgoo19
Deported by koffee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheezl
I am going to disagree that beam photos tell you much of anything useful at all. All it tell you is that some guy at a agreed upon distance with an unknown camera, an unknown sensor/film, and an unknown lense used an aperture / shutter speed that may or may not be in agreement with what everyone else is using took a picture against a wall that is an unknown color. Most of the people taking the pictures may well be using software/camera firmware/scanner firmware that makes it "look nice" with out actually telling them anything.

That tells me nothing other than lights sure are pretty. It is nice to see beam patterns that is certain.

but if I can take a spot reading against a known object (like a grey card) at various parts of the beam it tells me a hell of alot more than a picture some dude took after pointing a light at his wall.

wether it tells anything to anyone else.. perhaps that is a different matter.

If you want I can go back and color correct all of those light pictures and make them look like totally awesome lights.
All this talk and no sample.

If you have a better idea, just post your result. It's much easier to be a critic and bashes other people's result than to create something. Are you afraid of bein g criticized, wheezl?

And you too, threephi. I'd like to see your test result if you claim yourself a professional. I'd expect see much better result than mine. I wouldn't even think about bashing someone before I tried something.

Just look at all the posts in this thread, I'm the only one posted the result and nobody else. What a bunch of big mouths and nothing to back it up!!

Last edited by allgoo19; 10-18-05 at 07:28 PM.