Old 07-17-20, 02:48 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
but of course. It also means you can eat more cake.
There's the man that's sayin' what I want to hear.

Originally Posted by mvnsnd
I don't trust Strava's fitness/freshness numbers. Strava's formula for normalized (weighted average) power doesn't agree with nearly anyone else's, so the rest of the statistics are off as well. Especially if there's any zero power time (coasting). If pedaling time is 100%, then it comes close. Intervals.icu agrees well with both Training peaks numbers and the Elevate plugin numbers.
I've noticed that the NP on my Wahoo is usually a little higher than what Strava indicates as a Weighted Average. I usually forget that Fitness/Freshness exists, but I have been looking at it every now and then for the last month or so. FWIW, Strava says I'm ~as fit as I've ever been.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Did you enter your Strava FTP? Intervals may default to an estimate if you don't. There may also be a difference in how they compute load.
It seems to have grabbed my indicated FTP from Strava, which is probably 5-10w low. As far as Intervals, I haven't made a point of doing any on a real ride in... forever, unless you count, "let's do this entire ride at 90%" or "I'mma hold X watts up this hill." I really should start doing some real-world intervals, but I've never figured out how to set it up on the Wahoo. *shrug*