View Single Post
Old 05-13-21, 12:01 AM
willhub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I've noted more info before sorry if boggling peopel's mind it's just as this info comes to me I mention it.

I haven't measured that.

It's a 52, or around around 53.4 top tube, my commuter is a 54. I'm 5ft 10 most people always thought my 54 planet X I used to have was too small but I used to ride 56cm frames and I was always stretched out, saddle pushed as far forward as possible and a short 6cm stem.

This 52 has a 11cm stem and the saddle is about half way on the rails.

I don't know how to measure that, shoes off ram a hard book up your crotch and measure?

Years ago I remember I can't remember if it was 175mm or 172.5mm cranks but I got horrendous knee pain and other pains in my leg not sure if it was coincidence but I swiftly went back to 170. Must have been 175 as my commuter used to have 172.5.

Not sure if it's insignificant but I can never get 100% comfy in my shorts in 2016 I had testicular cancer and my right testicle was removed and sometimes I wonder if this causes some discomfort.

I started actually properly cycling again last year in April due to lockdown and quickly picked fork up and managing 50 mile rides 3 days in a row, I was doing this on my carrera which was I'll fitting 56cm fully forward saddle on seat post, at the time was a flat saddle not a scooped one, 6cm stem and didn't have many concerns.

Got my Trek in June started riding it was ok initial, then one day I was on a rose felt unstable and realised that left sit bone wasn't in contact with saddle at all, and from that day on I couldn't work with the bike.

I've always suffered with neck pain as well which hopefully s video might identify and I've got a massage tomorrow at a physio place and going through OH referral at my workplace to see if I can get my back looked at.

I have tried many different stem lengths, different bar width (42, 38 and 40) of which 40cm seems the only width I like, different bar tild, different saddles, Selle Italia, Pro Lite I think it was, Specialized Bridge (145 and 155 both had same symptom of slipping off, kept 145 as 155 seemed a bit wide), different setback, different tilts.

Briefly rode with SPD rather than SPD SL, but they hurt on more than 25 mile rides. But did feel a bit more stable.

I also tried another Specialized saddle, it was a short nose saddle, that felt a lot more stable but really hurt around my right sitbone, felt like it gave me some soft tissue damage, that had to go.

My vision is to be able to be at a similar form I used to be 100 mile rides at a nice pace, 19 to 20mph average was always the sweet spot for me.

Last edited by willhub; 05-13-21 at 02:05 AM.