View Single Post
Old 09-05-21, 04:02 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
In my pre-race fantasizing and Velogames team picking, I glanced briefly at Jack Haig but then discounted him because he would be working for Landa. I did briefly consider the possibility that Landa would make an early exit but, no, be charitable and optimistic, and him fresh off a strong showing, I put that thought away and offered him an olive branch to come back across the River Styx.

I also steered clear of the Movistar trident because I expected the wheels to come off that train in some spectacular fashion.

Wrong on both accounts. At least until today, sort of. Valverde's crash was bad luck, Mas has been terrific, and it took until stage 20 for Miguel Angel Lopez to throw the wobbler. So all in, still some fine racing from the big white M, yet again they have not failed to impress on the drama side of things.

Checking just now, ooga-booga , I see you didn't pick him but I know you've been watching your boy.
he's on the dtm gt list but still listed as active on the weeklong/shorter tours...for now.

could be an interesting thread in this forum...who's on your dtm list?

speaking of which...was meintjes actually trying to (literally) climb back into good graces? kinda impressed. may hafta reevaluate...

Last edited by diphthong; 09-05-21 at 04:05 AM.