Old 12-20-21, 03:13 PM
ben4707

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wheel builder in bay area

Hi. New here.
I'm a heavy rider (around 110kgs) and I have had bad experiences with factory-built wheels in the past, and have heard that well-built wheels from a proper wheel builder may be more reliable or sturdy.
I ride a road bike.
That being said, does anyone have any recommendations for wheel builders in the Bay Area?
I have been losing weight and plan on continuing to do so, and I understand that wheels will always be less durable when the rider is heavy, but in the past 3 months on two different -NEW- wheels, I've had 4 spokes break, and 5 more come loose without breaking.
I understand these things can happen regardless of weight and how you treat your wheels, but I'd hope that there is something that I can do as far as the gear I purchase to make this less of an issue.
I don't ride offroad ever, I don't ride off or up curbs, and as far as I know, I am very gentle on my wheels to the best of my ability.

I am also open to suggestions for brands of wheels that have a track record of being durable even for very heavy riders, but I would be less skeptical if I knew the wheel builder.