View Single Post
Old 10-25-21, 01:00 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
53 years young and been a member for a little more than a year. I think like most things, interest groups are cyclical and come and go like the fashion. I am not new to cycling but used to just think it was about riding my bike but never really drank the Koolaid until a few years ago. Once I started to want to learn more about the history of my old high school bike and fix it up, the forums became really important to me. Then it spread to every other aspect of cycling like what to wear, what to eat, why does this body part ache, etc....

This group is great and I hope it stays. i came here because I hate getting cynical or arrogant answers to questions or comments from other forums with people that seem to think they know it all and mock those who don't. If you've been in the industry for 30+ years, share that with newer people who want to learn and keep the interest going! don't shut it down making someone feel dumb when they ask an obvious question.

Regarding age, 50, 55, 60? are they that different? Not really and once I reached 50 i started to think how much longer do I have left to keep cycling? I would have never thought people still cycle at 80 but I learnt that here in this forum. Cool.

Oh, and whenever I start to talk bikes with friends and family they all start rolling their eyes and walking away. Thankful for the forums
Likes For gthomson: